Tuesday 8 December 2009

How cold is it? Not that bad actually!

Walking home from work, well bundled for the cold, I thought "It's not nearly as cold as I thought it was! Wow, it must have warmed up!" I even considered taking off my hood and scarf (but didn't, as it was too much effort while climbing the deceptively steep hill). When I got home, I checked the weather: -30C... -41C with windchill. Huh. I guess it didn't warm up after all. Perhaps I acclimatize fast?

Actually, the wind makes a huge difference. And the wind had died down considerably in the last day or so. When the snow isn't being pushed in your face, it's usually a gorgeous day. And the dawn skies... amazing!!!!
I do love rainbows woven into the morning sky!
The skies start to change color about an hour before the sun rises, and the dusk sky lasts about that or longer.

No comments: