Saturday 28 February 2009

Again???

Adding random overtime shifts into stretches of days off is not conducive to getting a good rest. Just thought you might want that little piece of wisdom. I've had an extra shift thrown in every week for the last three. And... uh... remember I was sick with the sniffles shortly after I got home from holidays? And I refused to call in sick but instead ate mass amounts of chicken soup and vitamin C. And it all went away quickly and I was feeling great just in time to stress over a course (ACLS, which I passed!!! Yay!)? Well after all that, I figured that I had paid my dues, suffered through my cold and didn't need to worry about getting sick again. Wouldn't you know it, the common cold is going on a rampage here just like it is down south!
Alas, the common cold mutates quickly... there could be ten or twenty strains of it going around town right now! I only had one of them. I am not immune! I cannot breathe (through my nose)! Again! Sigh. *sniff, sneeze, cough-til-i-wanna-puke* I think I just may have to call in sick tomorrow. This is not something any of my patients deserves to get from me. Especially not a newborn baby. *insert whiney voice*: I don't wanna be sick! I can't be sick! This sucks!

Ahem... sorry, had to whine to someone. But really, beyond working, sleeping, getting sick, getting better, studying for a course, passing said course, working, sleeping, and getting sick again... life hasn't been overly exciting around here.

Oh, and Laurie isn't allowed to recommend TV series I should buy anymore. I'm hooked to another one. You know exactly which one you told me I had to buy when we saw it cheap at Costco!

Maybe I'll think of something more interesting to say when I'm home sick. Or maybe I shouldn't call in sick and hope they put me on call??? I hate using sick days, even though I'm entitled to them. I should just call in now (so I don't have to get up before 5:30am just to call in sick), and pull out some soup bones for tomorrow....

2 comments:

Matthew & Michele said...

Stomach flue working it's way through Iqaluit and Cape Dorset. Miserable.

Anonymous said...

i thought i made you buy 2 different series?! so which one is it?! the one the rest of us are addicted too or the other one!?!? hehehe...sorry, got a huge sheepish grin on my face and thinking..."leaving my mark again!" love you!
laurie