Friday 26 March 2010

Ravens playing

Do you ever wish you didn't have to pay for cable? I figure the answer to that is a big window with a good view... and preferably a little bit of wildlife to spice things up. Because, y'know, animals are fun to watch. That's why I got a fish... except one fish, by himself, just kinda does slow circles. And every once in a while floats funny and scares me that he's sick or something. But then he gets all excited when I get close to the tank... thinks he's getting food or something. Ooo, way too many "or something"'s... my grammer's going downhill fast.
Where was I going with all this? Well, I was sitting and reading a book, beside my nice big picture window, and some movement caught my eye. A couple of ravens were digging through the snow, and rolling in it. One of them found a piece of paper or cardboard that was folded. The other raven went and grabbed it from him, and proceeded to start playing with it.
He would roll on his back and hold it in his feet.


He'd stand on it and slide across the snow (frankly, the sliding looked accidental to me). He'd walk around holding it.

Only once did the other raven try and steal it back...

That didn't go over so well. He eventually ripped it to shreds and flew off.

Sometimes you don't need a tv to get the nature channel.

1 comment:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

I love your new header picture!!

Ravens are so entertaining; Hunter stands in the window and yells at them all the time.