Wednesday 5 May 2010

Thinking, dreaming.

I'm home again... in my other home, the cold northern, on-an-island home. I've been back for 2 weeks and working almost non-stop. The hospital is full-to-the-brim most days...
In the midst of everything I've been thinking, and dreaming. Of places far warmer than this. Of hospitals just as full. Of places where amazing things happen. (click on each of the three previous words to be taken to blogs that give you a glimpse of what I've been reading about)
I'm talking about Mercy Ships Africa.
It's been on my heart for more than 10 years now, and things are finally starting to look like I'll be able to go. My initial thoughts are to go for about 6 months next year... but who knows! I was only coming here for 1 year, and am almost at 2 years already!
More on that later, I'm still working on the details. Just thought I should update you on my thoughts and dreams.

1 comment:

Matt, Kara, Hunter and Cavan said...

I have a friend who just got back from a Mercy ship! She is a nurse as well and I believe they were doing eye surgery's. Hope you get to do it!!!