Saturday 13 December 2008

Refocus

I need to refocus. Tomorrow is the play, and I'm busy trying to avoid the spotlight. Good thing I'm directing and not acting. It's bad enough that I'm directing. But I think I found my groove today. I lucked out and had a quiet day at work today, so I got to leave after eight hours and just go on call for the afternoon. That gave me the opportunity to go to the dress rehearsal at the church today. I've missed a few practices, and was quite impressed by the progress they've made in the last couple of weeks.
I also realized that I've been treating this play like a second job that I don't have time for. Sometimes I'm easily overwhelmed.
My focus needs to be back on Jesus, and the message of Christmas. It's so easy to forget that in the bustle of life, in the busy-ness of the season. I'm actually kind of glad to not have any gifts under the tree or to be rushing around buying gifts. (To be honest, I don't have a tree because.... well that's a story for another day.) I absolutely LOVE buying gifts for people, especially if I see something and it reminds me of a certain person. What I don't like is being told I have to buy something for someone. (me, issues with authority? haha!) Anyways, my focus has been skewed to "woe is me." What kind of attitude is that?

Frail heart of glass,
You house a miracle,
A vision that could heal the world
In you lies the never-quenched flame
That which could light a million hearts
Beauty beyond beauty
Shines the sun within
Shared with but one
The light will double

Frail heart of glass
I'm scared you will break
So I build a wall of stone around you
Sturdy and strong
Protecting you from stones and arrows
Holding in the light
So others won't complain.

Frail hear of glass
I look inside
And can't find the light
Did I quench it
Trying to protect it?
Chip away at the walls
To find a light that grows
The more I let it out.

No comments: