Monday 19 September 2011

Time for a haircut!

If you've known me for at least 3-4 years, you've probably discovered something about me... I need to do a major haircut every few years.  It's like an itch I get, that must be scratched!  And considering that the last time I cut my hair off was just over 4 years ago, it was about time!  I was thinking that I might just see how long I could grow my hair, but then it started to bug me... I hated the fact that it was getting tangled all the time.  It never curled properly anymore or did anything I wanted, I almost always had it up in a ponytail, and the whole bang thing was just NOT working for me, but growing out bangs is always a little problematic!
Lucky for me, there's a hairdresser on the ship (who I just happen to be friends with!), and so I signed up for a morning slot at the end of August.  We had several discussions about what I might want to do, I kept changing my mind, but by that morning I had found a few pictures on the internet of about what I wanted.  And off came the hair!
It feels soooo much better now!  No tangles, and all I need is a little water and a finger combing and it's looking good!

Oh, and here's a pic of me with Merry, one of the girls I work with.  We have realized that because our hair is the same length and we're of similar heights that some of the patients get us confused.  We had a shift we worked together when we tried to measure who was taller, with help from patients yelling out from their beds who looked taller standing face to face (apparently I looked taller), but then we went back to back and they decided we're the same height.  Whatever, the joke now is that we're twins.  She's great fun, and I'm quite glad to have her on ship.
Of course, the only pictures of me with my new haircut that I currently have of me are from during a hike in the rain... but I'm sure there will be many more pictures to come!

No comments: