Wednesday 25 May 2011

Tanning or Burning?

Everyone has some sort of talent.  Some of us more than others, some of us really have to work to develop it, and others have inborn talents.  Now, I'm currently using a reallllllllly broad definition of talent....  but I have a very strong talent:  I can burn my skin to fire-engine red in only an hour or two in the spring sun.  I've proved this ability many times since I was little, and this spring was no exception.  

You would think I'd learn.   You would think I'd be hyper-vigilant.  No.  I thought that since it was spring, and not too hot, and I was only going to be out for a "little while" that I might just get a tan.  And I DIDN'T PUT ON SUNSCREEN.  So yes, I got my nice burn of the year.  And I (hopefully) learned my lesson.  Especially since I'm on my way to warmer climes.

Less than two weeks left until I leave for Texas, and other that the couple of areas that I burned, my skin remains lily-white.  So today I went out and did something that I've never done before.   For the first time in my life, I fake-n-baked.  The girl at the tanning place was really nice, though she did recommend only 5min at a time every other day.  Not sure how much of a base tan I'll get, but I'm hoping for at least a little protection from the intense heat I'm about to subject myself to.  

Of course, knowing my talent, just watch me achieve a nice burn from my five minutes in a tanning booth!

No comments: