Wednesday 7 February 2007

Update from India... We are safe!
I'm having issues getting this Blogger site working, plus the power goes out randomly, as does the internet... we'll see if I can even post this...
I'm so glad we chose to come to India first. It's been a real eye-opener in many ways, and it's really been a chance to learn from the people here, their servant attitudes can't be beaten, and learning to let people serve you is a lesson in itself. We are such an independant culture! And their dedication and faithfulness to God! Wow! Learning to get up at 5am for prayer has been hard, especially when we don't go to sleep until late. But then we learn about people who get three hours of sleep or less every night, and yet those are the ones who seem to have the most energy. And the ones who are crippled and disfigured so badly still manage to be some of the happiest most positive you will meet. It's rare to encounter poor attitudes here.
Anyways, I need to go and continue on with my duties here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so glad you were able to post again. I glad this trip has been so good for you.